BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day Excitement

It has been a couple of weeks since I have last posted.
Not much has changed or nothing new has happened.

Well that is kinda untrue...but I can't tell you what happened yet <3!

But I can tell you what happened Monday!!!

Okay, so Monday September 5, Labor day, I opened the store by myself.
My boss had called the store to make sure I had everything in order.
By this time the lights went off. About 2 minutes later they came back on.

I didn't call her back. I just finished all my task for opening.
Well I unlocked the door about 3 minutes early because I was finished with all my task and I started my walk through.
Just in case we had missed something the night before. As I'm rounding the corner of the kids aisle I see this SUV come over the hill at the store AIR BORNE! I turn right around and head for the back of the store.

I heard the SUV hit the front of the store. The first thing I do is call my boss, then I call 911.
The guy that hit the store is outside on the phone crying to his mom.

I was like REALLY dude! you called your MOM?!?! but anyways. My boss gets there then the police do.

Well if you are wondering how the guy ended up in our store hears the story:

He was turning out of Walmart. He thought he could beat the car that was coming, but he didn't realize it was as close as it was. So he hit the gas. The SUV lost traction and he over corrected. Instead of hitting the brake he hit the gas. He comes up the hill in front of the store which causes him to be come airborne. When the SUV lands in our parking lot his foot is still on the gas and then BAM he runs in to the store front.

So yea...now we have plywood covering the BIG hole that is in the front of our store. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next week or so.

But pretty exciting labor day....and I was excepting it to be slow and boring.



0 comments: